Novice Clinic at Maple Mnt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Novice Clinic at Maple Mnt

Post  mbracewell on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:53 pm

Location: MAPLE MOUNTAIN (north of Duncan) Directions and carpool info coming soon

Time: 10am to 1pm - Meet in the parking lot at 9:50am - ready to ride at 10:00am (please don't be late)

Cost: $35 + current DGZ membership required (for insurance purposes). E-transfer payment to dirtygirlzbikeclubvictoria@gmail.com

Minimum of 4 participants - Maximum 6

Advanced registration required. Sign-up on our Facebook page event. Deadline for signup is noon on Thurs. Sept 29.

REQUIRED SKILLS: Need to be a Beginner PLUS+ (or lower intermediate) with basic braking, descending, and body positioning skills. There will only be a quick review of basic skills.

We will be working on the climbing trail up and down - climbing corners, bridges, downhill high speed corners and then some obstacles and more corners!

What to bring: Clothing for the weather. Make sure to have enough water and FOOD for the ride up and back and to keep you hydrated and energized as learning can be exhausting.
Proper fitting helmet, flat pedals are preferred for learning but not mandatory (proper footwear for the type of pedal meaning flat shoes for flat pedals or clip shoes for clip pedals), a bike in good working order. Things happen sometimes on the trail and we'll do what we can to resolve it however please DO NOT bring a broken bike hoping we can fix it before the clinic.
Bring some basic tools (tube, pump, multi tool, tire levers). Please wear gloves. Its preferred to have full fingered gloves to protect fingers from falls and trees. Also leg and elbow armor are not mandatory but suggested.

Coach: Pam Reid. I am a level 1 & 2 certified Coach who has worked with the Trek Dirt Series for 8 seasons. My husband and I, along with our two black labs live part time in Whistler in our condo from May until Late October, and in our house in Bear Mountain the rest of the time. I have traveled to California, Colorado, Oregon and Alberta to coach as well as working at local BC camps. I also love to ride personally in Moab, Fruita, Sedona and Las Vegas whenever i can get out there. I ran a successful 4 week course in Duncan at Tzouhalem for a group of beginners and intermediates as well. I started out as a participant in the Canmore Dirt Series in 2005 and 2006. From there i assisted in 2007 and worked towards my certifications. I was then hired by Candace Shadley to work with the Trek Dirt Series. I teach in both the valley (XC) and the Bike park (DH). I love working with the Novice and intermediate rider to build confidence on the trails and a passion for mountain biking.

mbracewell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum