Trail Building - a new way to get Dirty!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would you be interested in participating in a trail project with the Dirty Girlz? (Check all that apply)

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Trail Building - a new way to get Dirty!

Post  Deemachine on Wed May 09, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi Ladies!

We have an opportunity to 'adopt' a trail to work on at Hartland in conjunction with the South Island Mountain Bike Society (SIMBS). SIMBS hosts trail days on the third Sunday of each month. These days are always really fun and it's rewarding to put some work back into the trails that you ride and love. Trail days are typically not well attended by women and I want to change that! Just like rides, it's a lot more enjoyable sharing the experience with an amazing group of women.

I'm a professional trail designer and builder by trade and will be spearheading a project. I can teach you everything you ever wanted to know about trail building and how to swing a Pulaski properly. I'm hoping to get some feedback on who is interested in helping out and when so that I can start the project planning process. The build days will coincide with the SIMBS trail maintenance days on the third Sunday of each month. There is also an opportunity to set up other days/times to accommodate schedules. Build sessions would not be longer than 3 hours. If you can fill out the quick poll below it would help me out immensely.

FYI - the next SIMBS trail day is on Sunday May 20th. RSVP to chris [at] simbs.com by 9 am on Friday May 18th with your choice of Red Barn sandwich (roast beef, turkey or ham). You can come work with me and get a feel for what trail building is like.

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trail Building - a new way to get Dirty!

Post  LeighS on Fri May 11, 2012 7:38 pm

I wish I could go! I love building/maintaining trail. But alas, until I get my shoulder issues resolved I am out. Awesome idea though Dee and I hope you get some good support.

LeighS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirks on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:18 pm

I can't vote because my work computer is being finiky - I am definitely interested in adopt a trail and trail building - The third week of eveyr month will work for august but not Sept because of momar....so maybe on call???
Mirks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum