Hornby Island Weekend

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hornby Island Weekend

Post  Deemachine on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:13 am

Kelly will be taking site #32 in my place. *sniff* I really wish I was headed out with everyone this weekend. Hope everyone has a fantastic time!

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AndreaR on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:20 am

Hey ladies, I'll be bringing my giant tent - might be good to huddle in if it rains! I'm also planning to bring my campstove and some cooking supplies. Now I just hope Bev is gonna make it, because she's my ride! I'll also bring all the tarps and rope I can find in my house.

AndreaR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeighS on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 am

Just heard from another (shannon) who said they are booked for site 32? I'm confused and hoping it all works out.

LeighS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Room for all ...

Post  scwink on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:57 pm

LeighS wrote:Just heard from another (shannon) who said they are booked for site 32? I'm confused and hoping it all works out.

My sweetie booked our site yesterday; he was told we would be in 32, that someone had booked & then cancelled ... I'm sure there will be plenty of room for everyone no matter where we end up. Smile I'm happy to share, but be forewarned that we both snore. *blush*

scwink

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenaykin on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Hello ladies - I'm looking forward to meeting many of you!
I'm with Jane and another friend of mine on campsite #34. I had a bike rack for 3, but someone tried to steal my bike and it damaged the rack. Does anyone have a rack I could borrow for this trip? I've got the normal 1 1/4" hitch receiver for my Toyota Matrix. If that doesn't work - I may be looking for someone to take an extra bike. Thanks!

kootenaykin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Potluck style dinner on Saturday night?

Post  kootenaykin on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Hello - I have an idea that I thought I"d suggest for Saturday night:
Would anyone be interested in having a dirty girlz pot-luck style dinner on Saturday night? Ideally- we'd have access to a BBQ (bring your own meat) and each person could bring a side of sorts. Any takers? And would someone be willing to bring/offer up their bbq?

Thanks,

Amber

kootenaykin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hornby campsite

Post  Kelly B on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi Girlz,

So it looks like I'll be taking campsite # 31. 32 was reassigned as mentioned earlier. We probably won't be arriving until the evening. I look forward to meeting and riding with you all.

Kelly

Kelly B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Potluck

Post  Kelly B on Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:59 pm

A potluck sounds like a great idea.

Kelly B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hornby Island

Post  julia@theride.ca on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:49 pm

Hi all,
I am heading up to Hornby mid afternoon Friday. My hubby and daughter are going to be staying on site 35. Anyone else bringing their families? Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Hey Kelly, did you get a rack to carry your bike? We have one here in Ladysmith that would allow you to carry one bike. You would need to be able to get here to pick it up but it is yours to borrow if this works for you. Julia Kuhn

julia@theride.ca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Potluck, Transportation

Post  BevR on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:29 am

Andrea & I are in for a communal meal of some kind on Saturday.
Also: anyone still trying to work out carpooling? looking for a ride? got extra space left in their car or on their bike rack?

BevR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

looking good

Post  Kelly B on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:44 am

I think it was kootenaykin looking for a bike rack. I'm good for ride and rack thank you ! My man and I will be departing the greater Victoria at five pm. Wish it were sooner.

I got stuck up island Tuesday and could not make it to the maintenance clinic etc. I was supposed to register for the DGC at the same time. Can I do this on the weekend? Could someone bring the appropriate forms?

Thanks KB

Kelly B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

my plans

Post  janewelton@shaw.ca on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:30 pm

My ride fell through so I am taking my own car. Plan to leave by noon. Could fit 1 more person and 1 more bike in with me. Phone me 250-381-5997 or email me janewelton@shaw.ca if you want a ride.

janewelton@shaw.ca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum