Hornby Island Weekend

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hornby Island Weekend

Post  BevR on Thu May 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Join fellow Dirty Girlz for a trip to Hornby Island! Dirty Girlz, friends and families will be at the Tribune Bay campground for a weekend of fun, staying over the nights of Fri & Sat, June 15th & 16th. The Hornby experience includes sweet riding options for all levels-- plus a chance to relax, socialize, explore... enjoy!

Everyone is responsible for booking their own campsite through Tribune Bay Campsite. Transportation, campsite sharing, campsite locations, meal planning, etc. can all be coordinated here.

Who's in??

BevR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hornby Island Weekend

Post  AndreaR on Fri May 04, 2012 7:41 pm

Me me me! I'll be there with bear bells on Smile I haven't booked a campsite yet, anyone wanna share?

AndreaR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deemachine on Mon May 07, 2012 10:26 am

I'm in for sure, will have to confirm hubby closer to the date (depending on his work schedule).

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeighS on Tue May 08, 2012 1:26 am

Russ and I are planning on going. Haven't booked a site yet. I'll try and call tomorrow and find out where they have several sites available in the same area so we can all book together.

LeighS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Camping at Hornby

Post  julia@theride.ca on Tue May 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Hey just a heads up the camp ground is only taking reservations on Mon, Tues and Wed from 10-4 pm.

julia@theride.ca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BevR on Wed May 09, 2012 12:51 am

oooh, good to know- thx Julia!

BevR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deemachine on Tue May 15, 2012 5:45 pm

I just booked my camp site (#32), I mentioned to the lady making the reservation that there would most likely be others booking with the Dirty Girlz so she put us in this corner. When you call to make a reservation just mention you're with the Dirty Girlz and she'll place you in the surrounding campsites (31-35).

Each camp site can accommodate up to 4 people so I still have room on my site for 2 more people!

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeighS on Tue May 15, 2012 6:24 pm

I just booked site 33. Yay! May still have room for 2 on our site but need to check.

LeighS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenaykin on Tue May 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Hello - I"m definitely interested in coming, although I'm a little short on camping gear (specifically for cooking- plates, bbq, etc) - would either of you be willing to share and maybe plan some meals together? Thanks, Amber (just moved from North Van - rode with the Muddbunnies there Smile

kootenaykin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deemachine on Tue May 15, 2012 6:39 pm

I'm sure that won't be a problem! I know I have enough plates/pots to go around and I have a feeling that closer to the trip we will arrange some meals between everyone.

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Another site booked

Post  janewelton@shaw.ca on Thu May 17, 2012 12:29 am

I've booked #34 which will fit more than my two person pup tent on it so if someone else wants to pitch a tent on it and share costs that's fine with me. I too have extra dishes and cooking stuff.

janewelton@shaw.ca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I'd like to share :)

Post  AndreaR on Thu May 17, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi ladies, I haven't booked, but I'm hoping to squeeze my gigantor tent onto an existing spot. I can even share - the darn thing is huge! I can bring a bbq and cookstove, I just need to grab a ride with someone.
Cheers!
Andrea

AndreaR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BevR on Fri May 18, 2012 1:59 am

How about this: Andrea & I share Andrea's tent, on Dee's campsite?

BevR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BevR on Fri May 18, 2012 2:01 am

Oh & I can drive you and the gigantor, Andrea.

BevR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hornby Trip

Post  mmeier on Tue May 22, 2012 12:22 pm

I definately would like to join you girls on the Hornby Trip. I have my own tent and could share a campsite with someone who has some space.

Michelle

mmeier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenaykin on Wed May 23, 2012 2:05 am

Hello - I have a friend from the North Shore that I rode with in the Muddbunnies who would like to come. Is this a dirtygirlz specific trip? Is there someway she can come with? Thanks, Amber.

kootenaykin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BevR on Wed May 23, 2012 11:35 pm

Your friend is more than welcome, Amber! Thanks for the chance to clarify. This is a 'Dirty Girlz and Friendz' trip, open to families, non-riders... anyone invited by a club member.

BevR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeighS on Fri May 25, 2012 8:35 am

Michelle - I think Jane's and my site are double sites. As such, there should be lots of room for you to pitch a tent on one of the two sites.

LeighS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Campsite share?

Post  kootenaykin on Fri May 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Hello - Does someone have an extra campsite space they'd be willing to share? I've got a 3 men tent that I'll be pitching. I'm also hoping to borrow some cutlery, etc and do some meal sharing. I'm fairly low on the camp gear side of things. Feel free to pm me or write me an email at amberballard@gmail.com Cheers, Amber.

kootenaykin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deemachine on Tue May 29, 2012 3:26 pm

So ladies I have some bad news...I won't be able to join in on the Hornby Island Trip since I have to head back to Chilliwack to finish up a bike park project out there. I'm really bummed but work has been slow lately and I have to jump on this project.

I was looking over the previous posts and double checked the Tribune Bay campground website and I'm going to go ahead and cancel my reservation for site #32

Leigh is booked on site #33 and can take 2 more peeps on her site (Amber +1)
Jane is booked on site #34 and can take 3 more people (Andrea, Bev & Michelle)

It only costs $3 a night for an extra person on a site and that's cheaper than taking over my reservation. I can wait a few days to cancel if someone wants to take over my site, but let me know soon so that I can contact the campground and make the necessary arrangements.

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kootenaykin on Tue May 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Dee - I did email Jane earlier and have reserved a spot for me and my friend. I'm happy to do a switch though if that makes life easier. Amber

kootenaykin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dyin' to ride Hornby!!

Post  Kelly B on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the DG club. My name is Kelly. I would love to ride Hornby Island with the girls this weekend.
Does anyone happen to have room to share a camp site ? For myself and perhaps another? I have all the gear I need and some to share. Or perhaps you know if there are sites still available...
Thanks so much!!

Kelly B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

time to get organized?

Post  janewelton@shaw.ca on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:38 pm

I have lots of camping stuff but will probably be carpooling to get there so can't be bringing extra stuff just in case someone might need it. How many of us are going? Who needs what? What are we doing about meals?

I would think we can fit Kelly in somehow. The site I booked can probably fit 3 small tents. If need be, Kelly could share my small 2 person tent.

janewelton@shaw.ca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeighS on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:00 am

I would think there would still be sites available as well. The campground is quite big. I admit I'm a bit worried as we seem to have a lot of people coming for only two sites. That being said ... I know Jane and my site are a double site and should fit LOTS of folks. But Dee, if you haven't gotten rid of your site yet, I wonder if one of the people who asked to share a site could take it over? It's right across the road from the others and would give us all a bit of breathing space (and perhaps a better place to lock up bikes as there is a fence to lock to).

As for pots/pans/plates, we can share...Russ will be bringing all his camping stuff and since he's a dude, he has *lots* of it. Smile

LeighS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeighS on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:04 am

As for food - I think it would be easiest to plan our own Friday dinner (since we'll all be arriving at different times) as well as breakfast and lunches. We could do a communal dinner on the Saturday though?

And Kelly - just realized my last post didn't sound very welcoming...which is not at all what I intended. You are absolutely welcome to come! We can cram people onto the sites if needed. Smile

LeighS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum