Cumberland Day Trip

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cumberland Day Trip

Post  megan_culham on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Is anybody interested in heading up to Cumberland to ride for the day? I'll work the logistics out later, once I know if there are any biter's. We'll probably leave town around 8am, and ride for three or four hours, perhaps with a lunch break in between to break it up. This would be an intermediate/advanced ride with some socializing and goofball action along the way. Please rsvp if interested!

Cheers,

Megan

megan_culham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cumberland Day Trip

Post  BevR on Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Would LOVE to do this ride, but I'm not on the Island that day Sad

BevR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  megan_culham on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Oh no, Bev! Well, if no one comes along (and even if they do!) maybe we can try a day trip up there again in September? I'd love to ride with you!

megan_culham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jposthumus on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:13 pm

I'd like to go - I will have to walk any "advanced" sections though.

jposthumus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LeighS on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:03 am

I'm almost positive that I'm in for this...my exams will be finished and I'll be looking for a way to celebrate. Day trip to Cumby seems like a great choice!

LeighS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  megan_culham on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi Ladies,

I just got back from a two week road trip, and the thought of spending another five hours in the car so soon is totally not appealing. Therefore I won't be going to Cumberland on Sunday, however, the three of you (and by that I mean Joanne, Leigh and Andrea who has pm'd me but not responded here, although I'll let her know) should definitely still go! Andrea needs a ride up, and if I was going I'd leave around 8:30am and maybe meet in the park and ride (although I have no idea where that is, do you?) or at Leigh's house, which is sort of on the way. In the meantime, ya'll should come ride tomorrow night (Joanne, I see that you're already coming!). It's going to be a 'choose your own adventure' deal. Sounds like fun!

Cheers,

Me

megan_culham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jposthumus on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:42 pm

I'm having second thoughts about doing that drive as well, especially because Hornby is only a couple weeks away. Hope you're all going to that! I don't know the trails in cumberland; was curious to see them but worried that they might be too technical for me.

jposthumus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AndreaR on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:21 pm

I'm still game to go, although like Megan said, I'm carless this weekend. Joanne, I find the trails that I ride in Cumberland to be less technical than the dump, and there's lots of riding options up there. I know a few of the trails, but I might be able to coerce my step brother and/or his wife to help show us that way Smile Keep in touch.

AndreaR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jposthumus on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Sorry, but I think I'll pass. It's the five hours of driving that is stopping me. I think I'll try to go sometime when I can go for the weekend. Again, sorry, hope you still go and have fun. Joanne

jposthumus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum