Wheels in Motion biking program for young riders starts April 20th

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wheels in Motion biking program for young riders starts April 20th

Post  Alex J on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Hello all!

Alex Jefthas here, regards Wheels in Motion biking programs, set to start on Saturday April 20.

You've likely seen us at the parking lot Saturday mornings and afternoons, bunch of young people with charismatic adult leaders; that's us! We have a very fun and supportive time leading and teaching the riders on these rides, it's brilliant!

Now, we are a co-educational program, with a male leader and a female leader, as well we have experience teaching girls who are interested to try mountain biking out, which at times can be intimidating. affraid We sort that issue out right away! I encourage any young women interested in getting the basics down to the end of fun and competent mountain biking techniques to sign up.

Stacey and I are leading two programs this Spring, a 9:30 to Noon series for 9 to 12 year old bikers, and a series from 1 to 4pm for 12 to 16 year old bikers. The primary difference between these two groups (in addition to age) are the rider's skill level; there is also a fitness issue that for the transitioning biker can provide an extra chore... but me and Stacey will be there the whole way.

Equipment! A bike in good operating condition, helmet, a spare inner tube, water and snack/s, and the means to carry that (light knapsack?). Having a jacket is also very helpful; throw one into the car, just in case it turns out to be chillier than expected. We have all the tools we'd need, otherwise.

The morning group; it's course code is 543904, it's cost $119.

The afternoon group; it's course code is 515840, it's cost $149.

These go for seven Saturdays, to June 8th.

If you're interested, please call Gordon Head Rec Centre at 250-475-7100; front desk there would be glad to help, or go to Saanich's RecOnline, input the code numbers and follow the links therefrom. ALSO, please feel free to forward this email to anyone you think would like their biker involved in good times and coaching at the Mt Work Trail Complex, aka The Dump.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 250-885-5305.

Thanks for your time, Alex Jefthas afro

Alex J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum