2013 - Beginner Clinic - May

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2013 - Beginner Clinic - May

Post  Deemachine on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:29 am

The Dirty Girlz Bike Club is excited to host our second learn to mountain bike weekend on the weekend of May 18 & 19!!

On the Saturday, participants will learn fundamental skills in an urban environment at the Cecilia Ravine Bike Park. On the Sunday, riders will take their new skills to the Hartland/Mt. Work mountain bike area and transfer them to the dirt. The leaders are experienced mountain bikers.

We strive to create a supportive, fun environment to help other women learn the sport we can’t get enough of. Get outside, boost your fitness, and make new friends with a new shared passion!

Gear requirements include a trail-worthy mountain bike, bike helmet, water bottle or hydration pack, bike gloves, and clothing and shoes suitable for physical activity. Leg and arm pads are optional but recommended. If you’re not sure if your bike or equipment is suitable, please contact the club to discuss your setup. We will go rain or shine, check the weather prior to the clinic and bring extra layers!

The clinic is free, but participants must be a member of Dirty Girlz Bike Club. Our annual membership fee is $35. See http://dirtygirlzbikeclub.ca/join/ for information on how to join. Clinic time will be 10am – 1pm both days.

Saturday May 18: meet at Cecilia Ravine (3130 Napier Lane, next to the Burnside Gorge Community Centre)

Sunday May 19: meet at Hartland/Mt. Work parking lot (end of Hartland Rd., off of West Saanich)

Maximum 15 participants. Please email us to reserve a space!

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Join for the second day out at Hartland?

Post  Tara_K on Wed May 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Hey Deanne,
If there is space I was wondering if I could come out and join up with the second beginner's clinic out at Hartland? If there are too many people signed up I totally understand. Hope to talk to you soon.

Tara Kennedy

Tara_K

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 - Beginner Clinic - May

Post  Deemachine on Wed May 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi Tara!

You can absolutely join in for the ride on Sunday. The more the merrier!

Cheers,
Deanne

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks!

Post  Tara_K on Wed May 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Thanks Deanne!

Also thanks to you for last weekend, it was so awesome! I had so much fun! I went out to Hartland today and kept to the easier trails, but every time I saw a rock rollout I gave it a try, well not the steep ones. I will get there. Thank Leigh and Joanne for me too! Talk to you soon.

Tara

Tara_K

View user profile

Back to top Go down

join clinic

Post  jposthumus on Tue May 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi Dee,
I would like to join you this weekend if you have space. Trying to build confidence. :-)

Thanks,
Joanne

jposthumus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deemachine on Tue May 14, 2013 12:32 pm

jposthumus wrote:Hi Dee,
I would like to join you this weekend if you have space. Trying to build confidence. :-)

Thanks,
Joanne

Absolutely Joanne! I had a place saved for you Wink

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

**UPDATE***

Post  Deemachine on Fri May 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi Ladies,

I checked the weather forecast and it looks like Saturday will be similar to today, rainy Sad Because of the clinic location we are pretty exposed and the dirt at the bike park gets a little slimy when it's wet so it's not the most ideal conditions.

I am thinking we should postpone the skills portion of the clinic to Sunday 10-1pm at Cecelia Ravine Park (instead of riding at Hartland), and scheduling a ride on either Monday or another evening/day that would work for everyone.

If you have any questions...feel free to email me deanne.lazaruk [at] imba dot com or deannelazaruk [at] gmail dot com.

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jposthumus on Fri May 17, 2013 4:18 pm

ok, works for me.

jposthumus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

R: Update

Post  Tara_K on Sat May 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Hello,
Sounds like a good plan! I think I am going to head out to Hartland on Sunday and stick to the lower trails. I will keep an eye out for when you go out to Hartland again. I am heading up to Coombs on Monday and thought I might stop off at The Abyss on the way up. Have a great day tomorrow!

Tara

Tara_K

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum