2013 Beginner Clinic - April **UPDATE**

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2013 Beginner Clinic - April **UPDATE**

Post  Deemachine on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:22 am

***I sincerely apologize to anyone who was planning on attending the clinic on the April 27 & 28th weekend. I have to be in Winnipeg for some family matters and will have to push the clinic back by a week. Thanks for your patience and understanding! Dee***

The Dirty Girlz Bike Club is excited to host our first learn to mountain bike weekend of 2013 on the weekend of May 4 & 5th!!

On the Saturday, participants will learn fundamental skills in an urban environment at the Cecilia Ravine Bike Park. On the Sunday, riders will take their new skills to the Hartland/Mt. Work mountain bike area and transfer them to the dirt. The leaders are experienced mountain bikers.

We strive to create a supportive, fun environment to help other women learn the sport we can’t get enough of. Get outside, boost your fitness, and make new friends with a new shared passion!

Gear requirements include a trail-worthy mountain bike, bike helmet, water bottle or hydration pack, bike gloves, and clothing and shoes suitable for physical activity. Leg and arm pads are optional but recommended. If you’re not sure if your bike or equipment is suitable, please contact the club to discuss your setup. We will go rain or shine, check the weather prior to the clinic and bring extra layers!

The clinic is free, but participants must be a member of Dirty Girlz Bike Club. Our annual membership fee is $35. See http://dirtygirlzbikeclub.ca/join/ for information on how to join. Clinic time will be 10am – 1pm both days.

Saturday May 4th: meet at Cecilia Ravine (3130 Napier Lane, next to the Burnside Gorge Community Centre)

Sunday May 5th: meet at Hartland/Mt. Work parking lot (end of Hartland Rd., off of West Saanich)

Maximum 15 participants. Please email us to reserve a space!

Last edited by Deemachine on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Change in dates)

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 Beginner Clinic - April **UPDATE**

Post  Lynn on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:10 am

I'm interested....I wonder though, can I go Saturday May 4 and Sunday May 19 rather than doing it all in one weekend? I hope this is the right way to 'email' since there is no email address in the post!

Lynn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

clinic

Post  sarahcneil on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:40 pm

I would like to join the May 4/5 beginner clinic. Thanks for the opportunity.
Sarah Neil

sarahcneil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Beginners Clinic May 4th and 5th

Post  Tara_K on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:26 am

Hello,
I am interested in attending this clinic. Looking forward to getting out there!

Tara Kennedy

Tara_K

Back to top Go down

Post  Deemachine on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:04 pm

Great Sarah and Tara! I look forward to meeting both of you on Saturday!

Deanne

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Beginner Bike Clinic - May 5,6

Post  CaseyB on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi, I would like to come to the beginner clinic too!

CaseyB

Back to top Go down

Clinic May 4-5

Post  Cali Mel on Thu May 02, 2013 12:21 am

Hi, I sent an email too, but wasn't sure which was the best way to get in touch. I'd like to join the clinic. I am not a club member yet, but can bring a cheque and forms to the clinic.
Cali

Cali Mel

Back to top Go down

Post  Deemachine on Fri May 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Thanks for everyone who's signed up for the first clinic of the season! Looks like we are going to be blessed with amazing weather! We will be in full sun so I thought I would mention to you all to bring sunscreen and lots of water. I will be at Cecelia Ravine Park by 9:30am so if you have forms ect to fill out make sure you come a little early.

Looking forward to a great day on the bikes!

Deanne Very Happy

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missed Day!

Post  CaseyB on Mon May 06, 2013 1:33 am

Hi Dee, (and everyone else!) so sorry I missed today. My dog ran off on our morning hike. I found her, 2 hours later hiding under a truck at a different parking lot then the one we started at. Anyways, I learned a lot on Saturday and I am looking forward to practicing more and hitting the trails!

Casey

CaseyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum