Learn to host - Saturday Feb 9th

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Learn to host - Saturday Feb 9th

Post  epridham on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Have you ever looked at our calendar and thought "gee, I wish there was a ride this Saturday"? Have you ever thought that maybe YOU could be the person hosting that ride?

Hosting rides with our club is a really easy thing to do, and all club members are encouraged to try it! You don't have to be an expert rider...you don't even have to be an intermediate rider! you just have to be willing to commit to being there. To give you a little more experience, and answer questions you may have about hosting a ride, I've decided to try a "learn-to-host" ride. I'd planned on doing it out at Hartland....but sadly have joined the ranks of our injured board members...(nothing major, just a sprained ankle that will keep me off the bike for a few weeks).

This event will have two parts - we'll meet for coffee at Caravana Cafe (on Jutland at the Selkirk Waterfront) at 1:00pm. We'll spend around an hour talking about the logistics of hosting a ride and staying warm drinking coffee. At around 2:00 we'll go over to the bike skills park at Cecilia Ravine and take turns "hosting"! So bring your bikes!

Please RSVP - If I don't get any interest I'll cancel this time around and try posting it again with a little more notice Smile
epridham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Learn to host - Saturday Feb 9th

Post  janewelton@shaw.ca on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:47 am

I can come. Is this still on?

janewelton@shaw.ca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  epridham on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:48 am

Hi Jane - sure, let's still do it if you're ok just meeting for coffee. I can't get on the bike yet, so there's no point in you bringing yours unless you felt like riding anyways. I'm at work for a bit this morning, but I'll check back here around 12:30

epridham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  janewelton@shaw.ca on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:10 pm

See you there at 1:00.

janewelton@shaw.ca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content