Fall Beginner Clinic - October 20 & 21

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fall Beginner Clinic - October 20 & 21

Post  Deemachine on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:47 pm

The Dirty Girlz Bike Club is excited to host our third learn to mountain bike weekend of 2012 on the weekend of October 20 & 21st!! On the Saturday, participants will learn fundamental skills in an urban environment at the Cecilia Ravine Bike Park. On the Sunday, riders will take their new skills to the Hartland/Mt. Work mountain bike area and transfer them to the dirt. The leaders are experienced mountain bikers.

We strive to create a supportive, fun environment to help other women learn the sport we can’t get enough of. Get outside, boost your fitness, and make new friends with a new shared passion!

Gear requirements include a trail-worthy mountain bike, bike helmet, water bottle or hydration pack, bike gloves, and clothing and shoes suitable for physical activity. Leg and arm pads are optional but recommended. If you’re not sure if your bike or equipment is suitable, please contact the club to discuss your setup. We will go rain or shine, check the weather prior to the clinic and bring extra layers!

The clinic is free, but participants must be a member of Dirty Girlz Bike Club. Our annual membership fee is $35. See http://dirtygirlzbikeclub.ca/join/ for information on how to join. Clinic time will be 10am – 1pm both days.

Saturday October 20th: meet at Cecilia Ravine (3130 Napier Lane, next to the Burnside Gorge Community Centre)

Sunday October 21st: meet at Hartland/Mt. Work parking lot (end of Hartland Rd., off of West Saanich)

Maximum 15 participants. Please email us to reserve a space!

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oct 21st weekend

Post  Thora on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:25 pm

count me in! would love to learn more as i'm finding this is my new passion!!

Thora

Back to top Go down

Count me in!

Post  LindsayC on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:09 pm

The stars aligned and it's a weekend that I'm in town. Wahoo! Will be investing in some armour soon. The back of leg pedal bite is not so pretty.

LindsayC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fall Beginner Clinic - October 20 & 21

Post  Alicia D on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Would it be ok if I joined the ride on the Sunday but not the Saturday? If I can get free that day I'd love the extra time in the saddle.

Alicia D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

YAY! Take 2

Post  scwink on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:39 am

So excited that I'm free on this weekend - I just wasn't quite ready for the Spring one. Will be there - with bells, and probably armor on. I've also invited a friend - what's the best way for her to register?

scwink

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deemachine on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:20 pm

Awesome! Glad you can make it out! Your friend can print off and fill out the membership form here and bring it with her to the clinic: http://victoriabikeclub.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/dgz_membershipform_full-2012.pdf

Just send your names to dirtygirlzbikeclub [at] hotmail.com so that we have you down as participants. I look forward to meeting both of you!

scwink wrote:So excited that I'm free on this weekend - I just wasn't quite ready for the Spring one. Will be there - with bells, and probably armor on. I've also invited a friend - what's the best way for her to register?

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deemachine on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:27 pm

There is still lots of space available for the weekend clinic! Want to join in but don't have a bike...let me know as I have extras I can lend out! Have questions, concerns, need to know what to bring...send me a message, email or call!

Looking forward to meeting and teaching more awesome women about the sport I love!

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Clinic this weekend

Post  MIchelee on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi Deemachine,

I'd like to attend the clinic this weekend. I'll bring my DGC membership form, fee and waiver with me on Saturday. Looking forward to it! Michele

javascript:emoticonp('bounce')

MIchelee

Back to top Go down

Post  Deemachine on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:05 pm

Sounds great Michele! I look forward to seeing you there!

MIchelee wrote:Hi Deemachine,

I'd like to attend the clinic this weekend. I'll bring my DGC membership form, fee and waiver with me on Saturday. Looking forward to it! Michele

javascript:emoticonp('bounce')

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sunday only?

Post  LindsayC on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:29 pm

Is Sunday only an option? I have a conflict for Saturday now. And what time are things happening?

LindsayC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deemachine on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:54 am

Hi Lindsay!

Each day we will be riding from 10am-1pm (maybe a little shorter if the weather is terrible). Out of the two days I would say the Saturday is more important as we will be covering and practising all the skills to take to the trail on Sunday. Hope you can make it work!

LindsayC wrote:Is Sunday only an option? I have a conflict for Saturday now. And what time are things happening?

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JDuncan on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Hello, I'm new to the sport of mountain biking and to the Dirty girls club, but I am eager to practice my skills and get better! I have reviewed the equipment list and looks like I have all that is needed. At the moment I am only able to come out on Saturday but that sounds like it will work for the group as well. I will bring my waiver and $35 with me. Looking forward to meeting other ladies that are into this sport Smile

JDuncan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deemachine on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Awesome! We look forward to meeting you too!

JDuncan wrote:Hello, I'm new to the sport of mountain biking and to the Dirty girls club, but I am eager to practice my skills and get better! I have reviewed the equipment list and looks like I have all that is needed. At the moment I am only able to come out on Saturday but that sounds like it will work for the group as well. I will bring my waiver and $35 with me. Looking forward to meeting other ladies that are into this sport Smile

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Should be ok

Post  LindsayC on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:57 pm

I did the dirt series last year so the basic skills are probably not too different (at least I sure hope not!). Will see how things turn out, but I hope to make both. If not, Sunday for sure!

LindsayC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhian B on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Can you count me in if there is still room? I will bring money and the registration form for membership. I did a trial ride with the dirty girlz over thanksgiving and they were a great group of gals!

Rhian B

Back to top Go down

Post  Deemachine on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi Ladies!

Just thought I would let you all know that we will go rain or shine tomorrow so please make sure you bring enough clothing. I will try to keep you moving as much as I can to keep you warm but it never hurts to have some extra clothes (since we won't be doing any high intensity exercise).

See everyone at Cecelia Ravine Bike Park tomorrow morning at 10 am!
Deanne

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deemachine on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:56 pm

To get to:
lHartland Mountain Bike Park

Helmeken Park & Ride (for those who want to carpool)
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=48.463005,-123.430885&hl=en&ll=48.462905,-123.429937&spn=0.007997,0.021136&sll=48.462436,-123.430238&sspn=0.007997,0.021136&t=m&z=16

Deemachine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum